Print this page:
- Must be an enrolled full-time student of the School of Music. Students must be pursuing a Bachelor of Music degree with their principal instrument being guitar.
- Must have a minimum average grade of ‘B’ and must be a junior in college.
- Must be in need of financial assistance.
- Have demonstrated an interest in making a significant contribution to the extracurricular life of the college.
- Have demonstrated his/her commitment to work in Jamaica upon completion of studies.
- Demonstrate outstanding social and moral character.
- Must submit Letter of Recommendation from a teacher or from a current or previous school.
Terms and Conditions :
Jamaican applicant shall meet the following-
- Must be a Jamaican citizen.
- Have completed at least two letters of reference, one of which must be from a member of the faculty of the applicant’s school.
- Submit a letter stating his/her goals and future objectives and reason for pursuing a line of study at the Edna Manley College of the Visual and Performing arts.
American applicant shall meet the following
- Must meet the eligibility requirements stated above.
- Must complete essay.
** Please be advised that online education studies are not eligible. **
** Scholarships will be awarded for only one year with the possibility to renew.**
- Name one thing you would like to do to make the world a better place and describe why? How would you make it a reality?
- What is SKA? Describe how SKA music has influenced the Reggae and Dance hall industry.
- Essays must be typed and be no more than 250 words. Fonts should not be larger than “12 px”.
Application package must be submitted by
May 31, 2020.
Late submissions will not be accepted. !!
Please send application package to email@example.com
Application package must include:
- Completed application form with a current photograph.
- Two completed essays with your name and date included.
- A Letter of Recommendation.
- Current school transcripts (official)
A committee will review all applications and select the winner based on the strength of your essay and required recommendation.
Winners will be notified via telephone or e-mail.
Please read this form carefully and answer each question completely. Your application will not be processed if all of the questions are not answered in full. Mark N/A for items not applicable.